miércoles, 2 de noviembre de 2016

A semi-formal transactional letter

Example: You are a teacher and you are are taking a group of students on a skiing trip to France. You have made a preliminary booking at the hotel and now the assistant manager has contacted you for more details. Read part of the letter and the notes you have made, then write a letter answering her questions.

First of all, you have booked from the 16th to the 30th January. Can you confirm these dates, please? Also, I would like to know if you have the final numbers of boys and girls so we can assign the rooms to you.
     dates are the same
     20 students (12 boys - 8 girls) / 2 teachers (female)
Secondly, I will need to know if any of your students have any special needs.
     4 vegetarians
Finally, could you let me know your flight details so I can make arrangements for your transfer from the airport?
Yours sincerely,                  flight details: BA 257 arrives 16th 10:20 am
Maria Reeve

  • Special discount price still applies?
  • Can she arrange ski lift apsses in advance?

Possible answer:

Dear Maria,

Thank you for your letter. I have the information you requested and I also have a few questions.

Firstly, we haven't changed the dates. We shall be coming from the 16th January to the 30th. Also, our flight details are as follows, we will arrive on flight BA 257 at 10:20 am. Our party will consist of twelve boys and eight girls. There will also be two adults, myself and another female teacher. With regard to special requirements, there will be four vegetarians in our party.

Also, could you kindly inform me if the special discount price is still available? Finally, would it be possible for you to organise our ski lift passes in advance?

I hope this covers everything. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
Yours truly,
Jennifer Taylor

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario