viernes, 29 de julio de 2016

An informal letter describing a house for rent

We start our letter with Dear + our friend's first name.

Introduction

First paragraph = opening remarks and the reason for writing our letter.

Main body

Second paragraph = location of the house and details of the rent.
Third paragraph = exterior of the house (what is made of, graden, etc).
Fourth paragraph = interior of the house (e.g. floors, rooms, furniture, special features, etc).

We start each main-body paragraph with a topic sentence i.e. a sentence which introduces or summarises the paragraph.

Conclusion

Last paragraph = closing remarks, we sign off using Yours, Best wishes, etc + our first name.




Example

Dear Peter,

How are you? Hope everything's OK. I'm writing to let you know that I think I've found the perfect summer cottage for you.

It's in a really nice location. It's a quite area, but the best thing about it is that it is less than a kilometre from the sea. Also, the rent for the cottage is only 150€ a week.

The house is really charming outside. It's an old brick farm building which has been converted into a holiday cottage. It's got a patio and is surrounded by a beautiful garden.

Inside, the house is nice and comfortable. It has two floors.On the ground floor there is a cosy living room and a kitchen with all the modern equipment you would expect as well as a dining room and a WC. Upstairs there are two small bedrooms and a bathroom. The house is fully furnished so you don't need to worry about that.

Let me know if you like the sound of it. I can easily talk to the owner, Mr Smith, for you. I hope I'll see you here soon. I'll tell you all of my news then.

Yours,
Laura.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario